Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop Women's Waikiki Wrap Skirt

I bought this fabric in 2020 and have been sitting on it ever since. It has been lost several times, and moved across country borders. Originally, I bought this fabric with the intent to make myself a midi skirt. Then the pandemic hit and I was sewing masks non-stop instead for my community. I got so burnt out from sewing I put my machine away for two whole years. Then I had to get ready to move my whole house and life to Canada. The fabric was stuck in storage for 2 more years after the move, until last year.

Since this print is now extinct, I decided to make a mini wrap skirt instead of a midi, and I now have enough leftover to make some sort of low yardage top, too. This skirt really only took half a day to make once all the pieces were cut and prepped, but since it took 6 years to get around to it I felt it deserved the “this took forever to make” label. The pattern is so nice to follow, and easy and fun sew. I chose snaps instead of a Velcro closure, and added in some additional top stitching. 

I decided to add some labels to this skirt to elevate the finished products. The fabric screamed whimsical humour, so “Introverted but willing to discuss Sewing” seemed like the perfect feature label. I also added “this took forever to make” to the front of the wrap panel, since it took me six years to get around to making this skirt. Size Perfect, was my choice for a little self care. Every time I put on this skirt that label gives me a smile.

I’ll include close ups of the print, it’s an amazing Alexander Henry from 2017 😂.

Pattern: Waikiki Wrap Skirt by Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop affilate link
Fabric: “Sewing Sorrows” in Vintage colour-way by Alexander Henry Fabrics
Labels: Shine Bright Label Co.

























Comments